Large Decal Installation Instructions
Printer Friendly Version
- Squeegee (or Two Bank Cards back to back)
- Application Fluid in Spray Bottle (Several Drops Of Dish Soap In One Gallon Of Water
- Masking Tape
- Soapy Water
Each decal has 3 parts:
1) Room and application surface temperature should be no less than 60° F (15° C).
2) Clean application surface to remove any dirt, grease, or contaminates. Wash surface with soapy water and let surface dry thoroughly.
3) Masking tape decals into position on application surface. Make sure all pieces fit and join properly with other decals. Decals may be longer than necessary and require trimming later.
4) With all vertical surface decal pieces taped into position tape top of decal heavily to make a "hinge" at the top. Decals installed on horizontal surfaces can be floated into position (use masking tape on surface as guides for alignment).
5) While decal is hinged upward, remove backing paper and spray wetting solution on adhesive side of entire decal and application surface. Allow decal to hinge on to car and flatten into place using your hands to smooth out the decal. Squeegee lightly at first and then squeegee entire decal using good pressure. Work from the center out to the edges. (Do not get backing paper wet before removal or it will not separate from the decal)
6) After 30 minutes slowly remove application paper making sure decal does not lift off surface. If decal lifts off press back into place and squeegee again. Wait 30 minutes longer and then remove application paper. Take your time.
7) Spray the wetting solution on the installed decal and squeegee again while wet. (The wetting solution will lubricates the decal and keep it from being gouged or marked)
8) Trim at seams and fold around edges for a finished look. Use a straight pin to perforate a tiny hole in any large bubbles. Squeegee towards hole to remove the air or water bubbles. The hot sun does the best job at removing small wrinkles and small air or fluid bubbles.
9) Inspect all decals and re-squeegee as necessary (don't forget to wet the decal first). Allow a few days in the hot sun before washing or waxing decals. All decals can be waxed except dull finishes in black or white.
Professional Installation Is Recommended
Small Decal Installation Instructions
2) Clean application surface to remove any dirt, grease, or contaminates.
3) Masking tape decals into position on application surface. Tape top of decal to make a "hinge" at the top.
4) While decal is hinged upward remove backing paper. Allow decal to hinge on to car as you flatten it into place using your hands. Squeegee decal from the center out to the edges using good pressure. Two bank cards (back to back) may be used if a squeegee is not available.
5) Slowly remove application paper making sure decal does not lift off surface. If decal lifts off press back into place and squeegee again.
6) Allow a few days before washing or waxing the decals.